Pippa turned 10 months on December 17th (I know..I totally slacked on getting this post up).
Pippa seems to be changing daily! She gets better and faster at walking, she LOVES stuffed animals, and has started to give some amazing hugs! Her hair is actually starting to get longer (finally), Josh keeps saying that she is going to have a mullet.
I know this is really late to be getting posted on here, but I figure better late than never…right? I like trying to do things that are a little different from the norm. Most people send out holiday cards that they order from Costco and Snapfish, and while I think that is perfectly fine, I would rather have mine homemade. I got inspired for my holiday card from off of something I saw online. I changed a few things, but still kept it pretty similar. Here is the result!
Yes, I know I need to work on my photography skills, but you get the picture!
Last New Year’s Eve my sisters, sisters in law, and myself decided to make lists of things/goals based on our age. At the time I was 25 so I made a 30 things I wanted to do/accomplish before turning 30 years old. I really liked the idea of having many goals to accomplish instead of just one new years resolution. Here is my list and how I’ve done so far! (the list is in no particular order)
1. Find a hobby I love Still working on this
2. Get better at photo editing Haven’t even started on this
3. Keep up with photos—organizing and printing Haven’t worked on this
4. Get better at photography Still learning how to take photos
5.Exercise more I was excerising everyday after Pippa was born, but then I got pregnant again and stopped.
6. Get unfat I was almost down to my “unfat” body when I got pregnant again
7. Start an Etsy shop Haven’t done this and I have no idea what I would sell—suggestions?
8. Get more confidence in life Working on this daily, but still not confident!
9. Read the Old Testament Josh and I are reading it together, maybe by the time I am 30 I will have finished it!
10. Decorate our bedroom Started this before we moved, but now our bedroom is plain and boring!
11. Learn to do my make up better Still horrible at this, wish I could do it though!
Try Indian food I did this!!
13. Get a better wardrobe HA! Maybe after this baby is born.
Try a new hairstyle I got bangs and a new hair color in March.
15. Travel with confidence Haven’t had the chance
16. Travel to Boston Nope
17. Travel to NYC Nope
18. Travel to Switzerland Nope
19. Travel to France again Working on this…
20. Buy a house Working on this as well…
Make a headboard Last January!
Have a baby February 17, 2012!!
23. Find a decorating style and implement it Haven’t started on this at all
Celebrate life more
Do more DIY projects I have done a lot more DIY projects this year and hope to continue doing them!
26. Learn French I got Rosette Stone, now I just have to use it!
Document my life more I have been using instagram, taking more photos, and I kept a journal for most of the year!
28. Give Josh more hugs and kisses I try to work on this daily because he deserves so many hugs and kisses!
29. Eat more fruits and veggies Definitely still need to work on this!
30. Get out and do more things in my daily life I haven’t done this yet, but am excited to!
I really wanted to make a special and super delicious breakfast for Christmas morning. I was all excited to make a pastry called a walkaway that I found on the web, but Christmas eve we had so much fun staying up with Ben and Aileen I never got around to making the dough that requires two rises. So I decided to be lazy and not wake up at 5am on Christmas to make them. Instead we had waffles, bacon, and eggs—which was really tasty!
I had bought all the ingredients for the walkaways though, so Wednesday I got up the motivation to make them. They take a long time to make, but are definitely worth it! I only made one (blackberry), next time I will probably make two with different flavors. You can find the directions here.
The sugar pearls were really a fun topping to have. I got them at a Scandinavian store in Ballard. If it hadn’t been so crowded I would have probably spent an hour in there looking around–it was such a neat place!
This last week has been crazy! Josh got the flu on my birthday and Pippa ended up face planting so I was crazy busy nursing everyone back to health. Josh’s flu lasted until Friday, which meant that we stayed at home for most of the week. Now that everyone is finally feeling better I am getting around to posting about what I got! I actually had guessed what I was getting as soon as Josh brought out the packages–but it was still fun opening them up!
I also got some money that will be going towards a camera bag/purse! I am really looking forward to using all of my new toys—I have been wanting to take some good photos and now that I have a nicer lens I have no excuse! Hopefully you will be seeing all of these gifts in action soon!